As I mentioned in a previous post, I am in the midst of exploring new activities as I focus on putting self-care first. Below are some things I am currently using and enjoying that I highly recommend to any of you undergoing something similar or feel you want to inject some positive reassurance for good juju throughout your day. The great thing these days is there is so much available and provided through so many different platforms. Having a variety of different things to help cultivate new and good experiences throughout your daily life makes all the difference. Every little bit counts.
One of my favorites I have included is a really cool website called FutureMe.org, where you can write a letter to your future self and have it sent on a day of your choosing. It can be anything from just “hey what’s up, love your hair today” to a longer pep talk for love and reassurance. Sometimes I just like to read what people have written since you can also decide if you want your letter to be posted publicly (anonymously) on their site or kept private.
Try some of these out and let me know what you think! Have a great week!
- Gratitude list
- One thing you love about yourself each day
- One thing that made you laugh that day
- Create a Google Doc so when you have the urge to write about your current feelings/thoughts, you can access it anywhere
- FutureMe.org – write a letter to your future self
- Make a ‘Positivity’ Board on Pinterest – here’s mine so far
- Headspace – Guided meditations to help improve your focus, exercise mindful awareness, relieve anxiety and reduce stress.
- 5 Minute Journal – Prompts you to write in the morning and then again in the evening with a focus on gratitude, positive affirmations and short term goal setting.
- Leaf – “We have devoted ourselves to one simple goal: to develop products that will help us learn the science behind our bodies and give us the power that comes with knowing the truth about our body and mind. We want you to be the most powerful, capable, confident woman that you can be.”
- Self-Compassion by Kristin Neff – A book focusing on the power of being kind to yourself.
- PositivePrescription.com – “Making life just a little bit better: the tweaks and changes that are life-enhancing and resilience-building. Well-being is a verb.”